idea for Saturday

Wichert Akkerman wichert@cistron.nl
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 02:58:48 +0100

Previously Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> except that is shares a machine with other critical tasks.  master's cronjobs
> are sufficient to make bug searching nearly impossible.

Not really, the BTS is the only resource-eating critical tasks. debian.org
mail handling takes no resources at all.

> While I do not doubt the need for some code help (I have seen gecko's work)
> there is probably still benefit from making a bts box.

Blame Ian, not gecko. A large part of the problem is the way the date
is stored, not the code. Putting it on reiserfs should already be a
major speedup.

> Or we could get Doogie to quit being a whiny baby and do the SQL work he has
> been promising.

Doogie is working on some off-site contract now and can't do much for the
next few months.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |