this month's get-together

Sean E. Perry shaleh@master.debian.org
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 23:03:55 -0600

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:58:39AM -0800, Mike Markley wrote:
> So, the monthly get-together looms (12/12). At a glance it appears it's
> South Bay's turn again; suggestions? I know a halfway decent Chinese place
> in Santa Clara called China Stix, on El Camino... there's also a really cool
> hole-in-the-wall BBQ place in downtown San Jose that I loved. I'd have to
> check the name and call to see how big a group they can accomodate (the bar
> area's decent-sized, but the upper-floor restaurant portion has an utterly
> *tiny* indoors area and outdoors may not work so well this time of year...)

a place we can all sit around is important.  Yelling around a bar is no good.

Also we often have vegetarians and other people with special food requirements
and when planning these get togethers we need to keep that in mind.

Chinese, most other Asian, Indian food are all good.  Other choices can be
considered of course.

The other consideration is proximity to CalTrain.  People coming from the city
need to have a way to get there.