[rick@deirdre.org: BAD keysigning -- news]

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:17:00 -0700

At 6:21 PM -0700 8/27/01, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>Rick's lost his server for www.linuxmafia.com, and it's likely to be
>down for a week or more due to obligations and travel plans.

That doesn't mean that Rick is offline or unavailable.

>I've told him that Dimitry has offered to handle aggregating signed
>keys and making a signed keyring available.

That said, it was extremely uncool of Dimitry to usurp this project
simply because a piece of mail didn't go through. A lot of us,
especially myself, know how to get a hold of Rick. Dimitry didn't
take normal due diligence steps, imho, to see that he could HELP Rick
get it done rather than just hijacking the project.

Let's not forget that open source relies on cooperation and trust --
and that taking over a project is seen as a very harsh step --
insulting even -- and should only be done if due diligence to try and
cooperate hasn't worked.

>Please use rick@deirdre.org to contact Rick for the time being.

Exactly.
--