GPL and Linux/BSD InstallFest

Rob Helmer robert@namodn.com
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 12:25:01 -0700

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 10:17:09AM -0700, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> Aaron Lehmann wrote:
<snip>

> Has anyone on the list upgraded a Debian system to Progeny? I saw instructions
> on upgrading a potato 2.2 system on the download page but haven't tried it
> yet.

Yes, I did it on my 2.2 system when Progeny came out ( I pre-ordered
disks ).

Went rather well, I'm using it right now ( well, I'm on an x-terminal
running potato, but I'm still _using_ Progeny since that's on the
server that runs the display manager and X clients ).

KDE is on the second disk, but it shipped with a broken konqueror..
it doesn't understand the content-type "text/html". Other WMs seem fine.

--
Rob Helmer
Namodn