Sun's use of GPL and/or debian source

Alan DuBoff Alan DuBoff <aland@SoftOrchestra.com>
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:22:12 -0700

"David N. Welton" wrote:

> Apparently, MacOS X makes use of some Debian stuff too:
> :-)  Probably due to Klee being an Apple employee.

Too bad Jason Gunthorpe or some of the other apt team aren't employees there
also...;-)

I've given Apple's use of GPL code some thought previously, since their
implimentation is quite different than Sun's, and in Apple's case it seems
there was less seperation between the GPL and the system...but I only used the
BETA of OSX and not the release, so I couldn't even begin to comment on what
they delivered (although I imagine it's quite similar).

I've already proven I'm no expert on GPL, so no need to drag Apple into
it...<g>

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.