who are you again?

Tony Godshall togo@of.net
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:46:42 -0700

> I hope you guys arn't useing a keyserver, that makes gpg
> unacceptable
> slow to use in mutt in my experience.

Thanks for the tip.  I wasn't aware of that.  So what do you
do instead, just have gpg fetch the key into the local
keyring when you really have a question about someone's
identity?

> I've noticed. Importing all of the debian keys into my
> ring
> made signature checking unbearably slow. I wonder if gnupg
> mmap()s the key database. Or maybe the inefficiencies are
> somewhere else.

OK.  So I subscribe to debian-devel and some keys get
exercised a lot but I suspect that most are hardly ever
used.  I'd like to delete them if they are slowing down
mutt.  Does gpg timestamp last access?  Can I have it
remove the entries that are not used.

--
Tony