Ian Jackson in San Francisco this weekend (~ 6th April)

Ian Jackson ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 23:45:34 +0100 (BST)

Nick Moffitt writes ("Re: Ian Jackson in San Francisco this weekend (~ 6th April)"):
> 	The W is the latest in San Francisco SOMA opulence.  It was
> built a year or two ago, and mostly serves European executives on
> expense accounts.  When I lived in that neighborhood[sic] the W was
> the only place for blocks where you could get a Sunday New York Times.

Cool.  I always suspected we had more money than sense :-).  (nCipher
are sponsoring the big party at RSA this year.  I heard that a few
years ago it cost IBM a quarter of a million.  Putting the staff up in
opulent splendour is probably just small change ...)

Michael Alan Dorman writes ("Re: Ian Jackson in San Francisco this weekend (~ 6th April)"):
> Vice needs constant upkeep and practice.

So you're up for a visit to a bar or something on Friday night ? :-)

Ian.