Busybox

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:22:28 +0000

Nick Moffitt wrote:

>         It looks at the Sender: header, which is constructed by the
> MTAs to figure out exactly which machine the mail is being posted
> from.  It allows me to send mail from any e-mail address, so long as I
> do it from this account on this machine.
>
>         Have a look at the headers in the approval page.  You'll see
> the old Sender: header (it gets clobbered by mailman upon sending).

Nick,

I subscribe to various lists and haven't seen this problem.

this is the same address that subscribed as maestro@SoftOrchestra.com, how
come it let him subscribe from here?

Confused? Me to!<G>

Mailman accepted me and told me that he successfully subribed me. But then he
won't let me send from the very same address, because you are implying due to
the header??? It seems to be taking my MTA server, which is
seleucus.hosting.pacbell.net, but my email is maestro@SoftOrchestra.com. Whats
really odd is that it changes it to maestro@hosting.pacbell.net, which in
theory it is, but they are being sent from my domain.

Hey, I'm not sure....I was just trying to get some Linux help!<G>

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.