Busybox

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 00:49:20 -0700

begin  Alan DuBoff quotation:
> I subscribe to various lists and haven't seen this problem.

	It's unique to mailman.

> I could unsubscribe I guess, then subscribe as
> maestro@hosting.pacbell.net, this is the same address that
> subscribed as maestro@SoftOrchestra.com, how come it let him
> subscribe from here?

	The subscription rules and submission acceptance rules are not
the same.  There's a switch that Joey can flip to make it use the
message's From: header, but that's life.

> Mailman accepted me and told me that he successfully subribed me.
> But then he won't let me send from the very same address, because
> you are implying due to the header??? It seems to be taking my MTA
> server, which is seleucus.hosting.pacbell.net, but my email is
> maestro@SoftOrchestra.com. Whats really odd is that it changes it to
> maestro@hosting.pacbell.net, which in theory it is, but they are
> being sent from my domain.

	Well, all that Joey has to do is add your Sender: address to
the list of authorized posters (in the privacy options section of the
mailman config pages).  I do this from time to time, and generally I
don't need to update it very often.  In general, the volume of new
subscribers posting is so low that I can just authorize through a
message and then move on.

Pigdog.Org      - The Online Handbook for Bad People of the Future
                You are not entitled to your opinions.