Busybox

Joey Hess joeyh@debian.org
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 19:42:40 -0700

Alan DuBoff wrote:
> There seems to be some type of problem with me sending messages to this list,
> ok, I get the hidden message shy jo...:-/ Somehow it seems that Joey flips
> some magic cookie for my messages the next morning and they appear to the
> list...

This mailing list is configured to only accept messages from
subscribers. That's already caught significant amounts of spam. I
generally moderate other posts through quickly, but I've been on
vacation for the past 11 days.

I do ask people try to post from the address they are subscribed from.
It's less work for me.

That said, I'm not sure why mailman is stopping your posts, since they
seem to at least have a To: header that is from a subscribed address,
and the address is complains about (maestro@hosting.pacbell.net) doesn't
appear in your message headers at all. If anyone knows more about mailman,
I'd appreciate some help working that out.

(Oh, while I'm talking about list administrivia, this list has now grown
to 80 members. Wow!)

--
see shy jo