child process using execl()

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Sun, 04 Jun 2000 02:35:37 -0700

Chris Waters wrote:

> Anyway, the _Linux Application Development_ book definitely covers the
> questions you're asking.  The example program they develop in that
> book is a small shell, which does lots of forking and execing.

This book has been a great help for many things, although I haven't fixed my
previous problem yet, I have a few things I'm working on and it will be gotten
to.

I had been working in Perl for the most part of the previous year up until a
couple months ago, and now I'm working in c/c++ again.

There are a lot of things in the above mentioned book that will help out a
lot, I've been reading it a bit in the past couple days.

Do you know what the differences are between BusyBox and bash? I know that
BusyBox is used on the Debian install. I am using BusyBox (size) and need to
know what differences may be between it and the standard bash shell, in case
that could be causing me any problems, but I don't think so.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.