Bay Area transportation

David Welton davidw@master.debian.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:02:42 -0600

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 07:57:43AM -0800, David Bristel wrote:

> The area isn't all THAT bad, the main difference is that a lot of
> the benefits that are normally associated with success come to those
> in their early twenties, not in their early 40's-early 50's the way
> it happens in most other parts of the country.  If you had a
> $50,000+/year job when you were only 21 years old, what would YOU be
> doing?  Not buying a house, but going out, and having fun.  Those of
> us who are a bit older than these "young kids" don't flaunt it as
> much, though we also arn't held back from buying new computers,
> cars, and so on.

Wow... I guess I come across as a grumpy old man?  I'm impressed - if
I can be seen as that bitter at 24, I'll really be something when I'm
actually 'old' :->

No, there are some positive aspects to this area, however, I just get
a bad 'feeling' (vibe?) from the dirty politics, conspicuous
consumption, and crowded rat-race feeling...

Shrug, like I said, I'm taking off for Italy soon:->

Ciao,
--
  David N. Welton -+- davidw@prosa.it -+- http://www.efn.org/~davidw