2.4 boot disks

ivan ivan-bad@420.am
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 07:33:16 -0800

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 07:07:53AM -0800, tom@grubby.net wrote:
> > really?  hmm.  the debian ide patches (kernel-patch-2.2.17-ide) seems to
> > work for me, for both the promise ata/100 controller on my new motherboard
> > (Asus A7V) and on the cards Promise PCI cards I just picked up... am I
> > missing something here?
>
> Let's get this straight: What I have is the PCI RAID Card called the
> FastTrak 100, which is the successor to the FastTrak 66. Not that in
> theory it should be any different from a non-RAID card, but is that what
> you have which is working?

no, i have the promise ata/100 controller chips, one on my motherboard
(PDC20265) and a couple of PCI cards with PDC20267.  i think that's
different from the Promise RAID cards.  i was mostly responding to chris,
who said ata/100 isn't in the debian kernel-patch-ide... maybe the
answer to "am I missing something here?" is "44mb/s".