linuxworld networking

Joey Hess joeyh@debian.org
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:54:18 -0700

I've set up a computer to serve as our masqerading gateway box for
linuxworld. It will also have a full mirror on it, accessable via ftp
and http, rooted at "/debian" (so figure out the apt lines from there..)
It will be a dns server, and will probably be accessable from the
outside world as valinux.debian.net. The guest account is "debian",
same password. Ask me about root.

Here's all the networking info:

ethernet:

Network will be 172.16.0.x, .1 is the gateway and dns server. .2 is
reserved, .3 through .9 are open first come first served. The remainder
of the class C is served by DHCP.

wavelan:

Network will be 192.168.0.x, .1 is the gateway and dns server. .2 is
reserved, .3 through .9 are open first come first served. The remainder
of the class C is served by DHCP.

I'll probably be using 2.432GHz, ESSID "debian", ad-hoc networking, and
no encryption (use ssh!), but this is open to change.

--
see shy jo