linuxworld setup

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:50:34 -0700

Sean Perry and I have decided to move setup back to begin at noon on
Sunday. It could run at late as till 6 pm, though I hope not..

I've lost track of who is helping with setup on Sunday, and who can help
Monday if we need help then. Could you please reply privatly to me if
you're planning to be there? Then we'll know to make sure you get into
the show floor. (Oh and if you have a cell phone that can ring in San Jose
[not roaming], tell me its number -- a cell phone is really called for,
and I don't have one. :-( )

What we'll do is meet everyone who shows up at noon, inside the San Jose
convention center, on the second floor (the same floor the show floor is on),
in the front and center of the building, by the escalators. Here's a map
of the building:
	http://www.sjcc.com/downloads/facility_layout.pdf
Find "Vista Point", that's about where we'll meet. If you arrive later,
you'll have to sneak in somehow.

I will do everything I can to get the names of Daniel Jacobowitz, Sean
Perry, and David Karlin into the show's computer system before Sunday, so
they can pick up exhibitor's badges onsite, but I'm still getting the
runaround from show management on that. Rrrr. It'll probably be rather
tough to  get into the show floor without at least one such badge in the
group.

So what do we have to do at setup?

* Swing by LinuxCentral and get CD's from them.
* Swing by VA and get large quantities of boxed set from them (1000);
  somehow fit same into our booth (maybe a big pyromid-o-debian-boxes?).
* Get an ultra 5 and a 10" LCD panel from Sun
* Get a loaner system and monitor from VA
* Install debian on Sun and Loaner box.
* Setup any other computers that are brought in, networking, etc. (I'll
  have a hub.)

--
see shy jo