Debian on G3 PowerBook

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 03:20:56 -0700

Stephen Zander wrote:

> What about VMWare <URL:http://www.vmware.com>?  Just guest OS Win9x
> under Linux for your Lotus stuff and away you go.  Non-free, of
> course, but pretty cool.

I don't like that solution as you need a license for windows, that is the
whole point. At least if I get a PowerBook to run something that would
otherwise require a windows license to run, I help Apple out (I like Apple
folks, I work with many of them), and I don't help ms out.

I realize that the Mac is not a free solution either, and I don't care about
free as in free beer, but Mac OS X will have a lot more in common with Linux,
making it better...maybe Linux will gain from some of the desktops that will
appear with Aqua, heck, Aqua might get ported to Linux!

Also, the Apple hardware is pretty good, and it runs Linux.

I heard there is a way to use Java and get Notes to work somehow, that makes
me shudder thinking about it...although I will be very honest with you, I run
a Java applet for a program called Meeting Maker, and it actually works on
Linux, scary to think about it, but it works.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.