GSM phones

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 05:08:28 -0700

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Well, they are paying my phonebill anyway and being reachable at the same
> number would be a small advantage..

Well, it's settled then!<g> We didn't need no stinkin' VA bean counters making
decisions, engineers need to be given more freedom!<roar!>

> I'm working with VA folks wearing suits and using win98.. scary
> thought, isn't it? :)

Well, there are very FEW people using Windows there, much less than most other
companies, or at least the ones I've worked at in the Valley.

Most all the folks have been converted to Linux/StarOffice, I'm suprised you
would be working with some that are using Windows...but it doesn't totally
suprise me.

I worked in the same office as a girl that did use Windows, and she used to
send mail from Outlook Express from her VA email address...that is until one
day when a guy came into the office and told her at a substantial volume, just
what an @$$#O!E she was...remarkably, she learned to use Linux and StarOffice
for the remainder of the duration while she worked at VA...but she was a temp
worker, and she was soon gone...

I don't want to use Notes, but I'm being forced to...so I'll do it on the Mac.
We don't get to make all of our own decisions all the time...sure, I don't
have to use Notes, and I don't have to get my expense reports paid
either...thats a no brainer...;-) I don't have to use Notes, and I don't have
to schedule time I want to take off either...;-)

But I can exist myself with only unix/linux, others can't, and some companies
need things like Notes because of higher up decisions.

My problem would be solved if IBM could come out with a Notes client for
Linux, I can't believe it would be that tough, heck, if they paid me enough,
I'd write it for them!<G>

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.