Debian on G3 PowerBook

Joey Hess joeyh@debian.org
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 02:37:14 -0700

Alan DuBoff wrote:
> However, even cooler IMO, is the Sony Vaio PictureBook, a small 400mhz PII
> palmtop/laptop with a small screen and a camera build into it. I've not seen
> the camera working with Linux

Actually, I'm typing this into a pictureb ook, which is sitting on my bed,
and broadcasting to the net via a wavelan card. All in about 2.2 lbs.
Pretty sweet.

The camera works under linux -- Tridge did the driver, and it's getting
better every day. The debian package (in unstable) is named
"picturebook", and it's got about 80% of the functionality of the
windows software for the camera. I plan to regain a 1 gb windows
partition soon.

> I'll stop by the booth at LinuxWorld, I'm planning to take my radio with me,
> and I can probably demonstrate it on the net connection there (do they give
> you DHCP or static IPs?).

Probably just one IP, we'll be masq-ing.

> Are you guys going to have potato CDs there?

Probably not, the window to make CD's between expected release date and
linuxworld is pretty small. Probably a few CDR's is all. Tons of slink
CD's.

--
see shy jo