Potato install - package suggestions?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:20:24 -0700

Quoting Alan DuBoff (maestro@SoftOrchestra.com):

> Rick's tips are good and I see he replied to you, but I use a
> different method of installing Debian that *usually* (IOW, when it
> will install) works well, that being to install the smallest system
> with networking on it, and apt-get all the above packages over the
> net.

I certainly concur.  Starting with nothing more than the Debian Base
System is instructive, but a slight pain in the neck, as it's a bit
_too_ sparse until augmented.  Let's just say that you end up poring
through /var/state/apt/lists, making sure you didn't miss anything
crucial.

--
Cheers,              "By reading this sentence, you agree to be bound by the
Rick Moen             terms of the Internet Protocol, version 4, or, at your