Potato install - package suggestions?

simonst@WellsFargo.COM simonst@WellsFargo.COM
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:23:06 -0700

Rather than upgrade my current hamm system, I'm installing potato from
scratch, intending to follow "Package Installation Option #3" in the
http://linuxmafia.com/debian/tips doc.  I'm looking for any last-minute
suggestions and/or changes to the list of packages:

       autoconf automake bin86 binutils bison cpp doc-base dpkg-multicd
       file flex g++ gcc gettext gettext-base groff info kbd kbd-data
       less libc5 libc6-dev libg++27 libg++272 libstdc++2.10-dev
       libstdc++2.8 lilo make man-db manpages psmisc sysutils

       xbase-clients xlib6 xlib6g xlib6g-dev

Since I will be running X, why don't I need at least some of the packages
mentioned in the hamm upgrade:

       xserver-common  xfree86-common  xf86setup  xprt  xfs   xfstt
xfonts-scalable  xfonts-base  xfonts-75dpi  xfonts-100dpi

Lastly, I want to install IP masquerading - any hits, tips or Debian
packages ?