Debian: Things built with TCPwrapper support and POP3 over SSL

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:03:33 -0700

J C Lawrence wrote:
> 1) Can I generally expect daemons under Debian to be built with TCP
> Wrappers support?  For instance I always build exim and sshd against
> TCP wrappers (no, I'm not going to have either one of them off
> inetd).  What about the other daemons that optionally support TCP
> wrappers?

There's no official debian policy about this. Everyone I've asked agrees we
should, whenever possible. So if you find we don't for something, file a
bug..

> 2) Is there a fetchmail type client that will do POP3 over SSL?  I
> can do it over SSH with port forwarding but I'm hoping for a simple
> solution.

I don't know of any.

--
see shy jo, working from home today