Bang for the Buck, comparing Celerons to Xeons (and PIIIs?)

Alan DuBoff maestro@softorchestra.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:01:27 -0700

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> I agree that using Sun's bintools is a good idea, but make isn't bintool.
> I use GNU make on Solaris all the time.

Thats true, but Sun has make packaged with their bintools when you load
Solaris. I guess there is no harm in using GNU make, I've just never been
inclined to use it since Sun's make seems to work fine.

Most people that are writing commercial applications for Solaris are using
Sun's Workshop, and mainly for the debugger. But there are a lot of people
using egcs, and it works fine on Solaris.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.