Bang for the Buck, comparing Celerons to Xeons (and PIIIs?)

Alan DuBoff maestro@softorchestra.com
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 01:11:56 -0700

David Bristel wrote:

> Now, what we need is a Dual-AMD Athlon system overclocked to 750MHz(This is
> doable without extra cooling according to some sources).  Think we can get AMD
> to donate one or two systems for the cause?

Yeah, definitely! The Athlon is supposed to be running on a much faster bus,
similar to the speed that the Alpha bus runs at. But I'm also told that the
first release runs on a 133mhz bus. I haven't checked it out too much as there
are not mobos for sale yet that support the chip...;-)

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.