Unstable package list

Tom Lear tom@trap.mtview.ca.us
Mon, 17 May 1999 13:17:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Jonathan Jefferies wrote:

> All I know is that the local, non-free packages are apparently not
> in the 2.1 released cd's.  What that has meant is that netscape is
> apparently not on the 2.1 release.  There is a "netscape-remote"
> base-4 but not the actual netscape.  And I've not found any documentation
> or explanation of why not.

Someone else already explained why, but you can download these packages:
run dselect
Choose access
Choose ftp
enter this information:
	 ftp site: ftp.debian.org
          passive: y
         username: anonymous
         password: root@
          ftp dir: /debian
    distributions: dists/stable/main dists/stable/contrib dists/stable/non-free
     download dir: debian

Then choose update from the main menu to get an updated list of available
packages.
Then select the packages you want and install them.

You can normally get help with these things by sending email to
debian-devel@lists.debian.org or on IRC at irc.debian.org #debian.
							- Tom