Setup day part 2

Michael Schmitz mschmitz@lbl.gov
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:11:35 -0800

Hi,

Joey Hess wrote:
> A few people will be in at the booth at various times tomorrow to work on a
> few remaining details, but on the whole, the second setup day (had been on
> monday) is **CANCELED**.

I'm not going to make it to the setup today; a couple of final boot-floppies
fixes and a seminar this afternoon are to blame for this.

If I can get on the expo floor tomorrow before 10 am, and if we're
guaranteed to
have power before 10 am, I can finish the setup at that time. Added
benefit: I can try to pull a mirror of 2.1 to a Syjet disk.

If anyone wants to go ahead with the SLIP setup: the dark grey modem cable
(split 9/25 pin female to 25 pin male) attached to the RS422/232
converter box
on the floor should be the right setup. And the other cables (a nullmodem
between a Mac and PC modem cables) should get the Mac going. /etc/init.d/network
on the Atari has the necessary setup for Mac and Atari and can be copied over
to the Mac.

Power strip and tape to mark the equipment coming tomorrow.

	Michael