linuxworld update - setup day complete

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:37:23 -0800

Despite various SNAFU's perpetrated by LinuxWorld, our booth setup was a
success. LinuxWorld managed to confuse and switch our booth with the FSF's
(fixed), not enable our electricity on time (fixed), mispell Wichert's name
on his badge (fixed, and I swear I sent it in right ;-), etc. But all that's
worked out now. We have 5 machines at the booth, 3 VA, 1 mac, one atari. One
of the VA boxes doesn't yet have debian on it, and all 3 need some more
tewaking and maybe n upgrade from debian 2.0.

But the big news is: we have networking! And not puny ricochet networking,
we have full T1 speed. Let's just say we cut a deal with our neighbors,
slashdot.

A few people will be in at the booth at various times tomorrow to work on a
few remaining details, but on the whole, the second setup day (had been on
monday) is **CANCELED**.

I do have some things we need for the booth, if any of you can provide
these, mail me ASAP:

	- booth beautification:
		- flameproof tablecloths/drapes
		- a nice sign reading "This booth made possible
		  By: LinuxCentral and VA Research"
	- a debian mirror (slink or potato).
	- something to drink. The convention hall seems hot, and seem to
          contain no vending machines.
	- 10baseT ethernet patch cables.
	- labels/masking tape for labeling people's equipment
	- power strip

I'll mail tomorrow with details about tuesday.

--
see shy jo