software needs your opinion

Robert Stone talby@trap.mtview.ca.us
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:42:22 -0700

	Quite a while ago I wrote a small perl script to help me figure
out subnet masks and firewall rule masks.  The perl script was slow and
kludgy, so I wrote it in C and changed the algorithm to do things right.
	I needed to figure out autoconf and automake, so I used this
program as my test.  Over time I wrote a texinfo manual for it too.  At
this point it has all the components in place for distribution, but
the question is should I bother to release and maintain this code.  So,
if you can take a look at it, and let me know if you'd use it, or have
any ideas about it, let me know what you think.

http://trap.mtview.ca.us/~talby/mask-2.1.tar.gz

						thanks,
						Robert
--
talby@trap.mtview.ca.us		| "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled
finger for pgp key		| with /etc/sendmail.cf, "It never