RMS will let us know when he has a place to speak

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 23:58:15 -0700

Just to keep all of you informed in the event you are interested.

I exchanged several messages with RMS about speaking when he is out to our
golden shores.

We ended the same place that Rick left him, that he is finding a place to
speak in the city on his own. I encouraged RMS to speak to BAD more than CCSF
of course, but his intention is to speak to CCSF and he of course welcomes BAD
to attend.

The following is the last message he sent me, so if/when he gets a place lined
up and knows where he'll speak, it will get to the list through me, Rick (who
I'm sure he'll also send the info), or Joey (whose email I also gave him to
post a message to the list). As I mentioned before, I'm not his booking agent,
so if he finds a place to speak, I'll probably go listen to him. I have to see
at the time, since I'll see him at LinuxWorld.

I tried to get him to join the list...:-/ but as you can see from the
following, it didn't turn out very fruitful...;-)

I also encouraged him to take advantage of Coffeenet, which didn't prompt any
type of reply...:-/

ajd