Backpack CD-ROM with 2.1

Wayne Earl wearl@jps.net
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:22:58 -0700

Hey all...I've been asking around with this one, and was wondering if
anyone could help me out here.

I've got an old TI laptop that runs Linux beautifully (Had RH on it for
almost two years now). Having discovered Debian's elegance, I am working
to purge Red Hat Linux from my home boxen. Previously, I would install
RH via a Backpack external cdrom, but I can't seem to find support for
this included in 2.1 (I've got a copy of "Essential Debian" from
Cheapbytes). Is it possible to insmod the bpcd.o module at install time,
or is there a boot disk available that addresses this issue? Is there a
better way? Suggestions will be much appreciated.

Wayne