RMS will be 'round, Aug. 9 - 20

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 11:01:08 -0700

Rick Moen wrote:

> In fact, I used to attend OS/2 Bay Area User Group's meetings, there.

I've known a lot of those guys for a long time, Guy Scharf who was the founder
of that group, and Dave Briccetti were both very good friends, I worked for
Guy when I first moved to the Bay area. I started 2 OS/2 user groups in L.A.,
where I'm from. The first with ms, which deteriorated and we both split our
ways...the second with IBM.

> Of course, that's rather ridiculously far from City College of San
> Francisco.

I got a reply from Dave this morning with the contact information of getting
that room. I'll wait for a reply from Stallman before trying to set something
up. It's the only thing I can offer, off the top of my head.

> I cannot help noticing that you are still being extremely non-specific.

So no use in you typing the 30 lines trying to debate it then, is there? Let's
let it VI! <G>

I don't see anyone else on this list jumping up and saying, "Hey, I know where
we could have him speak". If you have a place up in the city, hollar, if I try
and set this up at SLA, it will be for BAD, not for people in the City.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.