I've learned my lesson...<sigh>

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 18:54:49 -0700

Quoting Jonathan Jefferies:
> It goes without saying that there is a steep learning curve with
> Debian and dselect is undoubtedly the steepest part of that curve.
> It's like that's the price you pay for joining this club.

        On the contrary.  I've never actually used dselect.  I saw
Rick Moen's initial four-day install experience and was reminded of
the story of Job.  I do all my Debian installs one package at a time
with apt-get, and I have a feeling that you'd have to pry me away from
this with a pretty large hook.

        I'm interested in further developments on the apt front, but
right now I've got everything I need in apt-get.

--
((lambda (x) (list x (list (quote quote) x)))
(quote (lambda (x) (list x (list (quote quote) x)))))