I've learned my lesson...<sigh>

Rick Moen rick@hugin.imat.com
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 18:09:11 -0700

Quoting George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com):

> I dunno, I still rely on dselect for a lot of things ... like when perl
> upgrades in potato and apt-get wants to remove a bunch of packages ...
> jump into dselect, put perl-5.005 on hold and keep on trucking.

'Course, you could do that with dpkg, too.

The ideas implemented by dselect are superb, but the user interface is
a bit daunting and many of us have been slow to get used to it.
Fortunately, many of its virtues are actually rooted in the underlying
package-management system, and are thus accessible using other tools.

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!