GNOME repository for Debian

Alan DuBoff maestro@SoftOrchestra.com
Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:00:44 -0700

Joey Hess wrote:

> This is from unstable and appears to be the latest version. Do an apt-get
> update, if dpkg shows only an old version, what mirror are you using?

Yeah, 0.15.5 is the latest...I'm using this in my sources.list:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

I wonder if it's because I have stable listed after unstable? Sean
mentioned that apt-get was smart enough to figure out what the latest
version was, but do I need to list those the other way around?

I put stable in to look for gnome-mail or whatever the gnome mail
package is called. I see it on my menu, but I don't have it installed.

> I don't knoiw about gnome.. I'm pretty sure gnome contains the debian/
> directory right in the main cvs repository and so can be debianized right
> out of the box.

Yep, it is.

--

Alan DuBoff