debian at linuxworld expo webpage

Dragon kysh@blackwolf.com
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 01:10:40 -0800 (PST)

> Lastly, I would really like to bring the Sparc. However, I don't know
> anything about these machines or the SunOS (as far as it's different
> from Linux, anyway). Since I picked it up to learn something about Suns
> and I don't have any installation media, I'd rather not clear the disk.
> If anyone can help me figure out a way to get Debian/Sparc up and
> running on it, that would be great. Keep in mind that formatting the
> disk is an option if I have a reasonably sure way to get the current OS
> back (backup to server & restore, maybe?).

Depending on what type of Sparc it is, you can simply boot off of
bootdisk. Another option is to use your swapspace (aka /tmp). So what type
of sparc is it? :> Number two: It should take pretty much any generic SCSI
disk. SCSI is SCSI. Three: Do you have a CDROM? That's doable, too.

-Kysh

--
-> 1999 Black Kawasaki EX500 ('Eep!')  <street/thrash/race?>
-> 1988 Black Kawasaki EX500 ('Yarf!') <street>