debian at linuxworld expo webpage

alan@webwidgets.net alan@webwidgets.net
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:32:36 -0800 (PST)

Looks good for the most part. Coupla things:

I was too optimistic about Tuesday & Thursday. I really need to be back
by 6:00. Still, that lets me stay 'till at least 4:30, so hopefully
that's not too huge a problem.

It looks like my best route to the show will take me right past the
Dublin/Pleasanton BART station, so if you can get there with your stuff
and your schedule is compatible with mine (or you can get a different
ride back), that should work out. Note that I have a 4 door Saturn and a
Toyota pickup with a shell, so I can take several people or lots of
equipment, but not both.

Lastly, I would really like to bring the Sparc. However, I don't know
anything about these machines or the SunOS (as far as it's different
from Linux, anyway). Since I picked it up to learn something about Suns
and I don't have any installation media, I'd rather not clear the disk.
If anyone can help me figure out a way to get Debian/Sparc up and
running on it, that would be great. Keep in mind that formatting the
disk is an option if I have a reasonably sure way to get the current OS
back (backup to server & restore, maybe?).

Alan