Linuxworld: need volunteers?

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan thaths@netscape.com
Wed, 06 Jan 1999 15:27:35 -0800

Joey Hess wrote:
> Of course, if all this comes together, we will need volenteers for all 3
> days of the show. Probably at least 2 should be there at all times. (Except
> during Linus's speech, when I'm sure the show floor will be deserted. ;-)

Count me in as of now.  Will confirm 2 weeks before the show.

> * equipment:
>   - we need at least 2 systems running debian at the booth,
>     preferably more.

I was apalled to notice systems running as root during the last two
Linux related events I went to.  Maybe I am just old fashioned.  I never
log in as root unless absolutely neccesary.  And it was absolutely
unecessary to startx as root, IMO.

>     - It might be nice, if we have the machines, to install some "disposable"
>       debian systems that are *not* networked, and that we have a normal
>       wmaker/gnome/whatever desktop up on so people can play with debian. They
>       could even play with dselect. We would trash these installs after the
>       show.

And gdselect too.  Will blow the pants off glint.

> * T-Shirts:
>   - I'm sure many of you have seen my debian T-Shirt that I wear to lots of
>     LUG meetings. I have wanted for some time to print up a run of those,
>     enough to sell at linuxworld and to sell to debian people elsewhere by
>     mail order. This is a big project I have no experience in, though.

If you decide to print them - I'll reserve one.

Thaths
--
Marge: Homer!  Did you tell the mafia they could eliminate my
       competitors with savage beatings and attempted murder?