FWD: Re: LinuxWorld Greenhouse

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:16:44 -0800

Here's some info about the low-cost way to get a booth at linuxworld. Bear
in mind that the normal booths are $15000. I may be able to get someone to
sponsor this, details later.

----- Forwarded message from John Churchill <john_churchill@xplain.com> -----

Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:43:10 -0800
To: Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
From: John Churchill <john_churchill@xplain.com>
Subject: Re: LinuxWorld Greenhouse

>I'd like to get any info you can send me about the LinuxWorld Greenhouse -
>I'm one of the developers of debian linux, one of the top 3 linux
>distributions, but a non-profit. I've looked at your regular exhibitor
>rates, and as a non-profit debian would not be able to afford them -- I hope
>a booth in the Greenhouse is a viable alternative.
>
>--
>see shy jo

Joey:

Our invitation to the LinnuxWorld Greenhouse follows. If you need further
information, please call me.

Happy New Year,
John Churchill

*** THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL INVITATION FOR THE LINUXWORLD GREENHOUSE

*** LINUXWORLD CONFERENCE & EXPO March 2 - 4, 1999
*** SAN JOSE CONVENTION CENTER, SAN JOSE, CA

*** PLEASE FORWARD THIS INVITE TO THE APPROPRIATE PERSON FOR REVIEW

*** RSVP DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 14 1999

Dear Linux Technology Developers,

You are invited to participate in the LinuxWorld Greenhouse at the
LinuxWorld Conference & Expo in San Jose, California. LinuxWorld is the
premier exposition targeted at the Linux community and will attract
thousands of qualified attendees.

The LinuxWorld Greenhouse is a customized event area designed to highlight
emerging developers of the Linux community and will provide affordable
display space and access for smaller companies. Participation in the
Greenhouse is aimed at small companies (up to ten employees) which are on
technology's cutting edge.  (More details below).

Born out of IDG's history with pavilions at a number of shows, the
LinuxWorld Greenhouse will be similar to hugely successful pavilions such
as Developer Central at Macworld Expo. This is LinuxWorld's solution for
the small, up and coming exhibitor who cannot yet justify or afford a full
booth presence on the show floor. Please note that your deadline to RSVP to
this invitation is:

      *** Friday, January 14, 1999 ***

We're excited about the LinuxWorld Greenhouse -- as we are about LinuxWorld
in general and we look forward to having you be a part of the show.

Best regards,

Greenhouse Management Team
linuxworld_greenhouse@xplain.com
Phone: 805-494-9797, option 5
Fax: 805-494-9798

*** HIGHLIGHTS AND TIMELINES ***

* Location: The Greenhouse will cover several thousand square feet of
exhibit space in the modern San Jose Convention Center.
* Show Dates: LinuxWorld is March 2 - 4, 1999 at the San Jose Convention
Center, San Jose, CA

* Expo Hours     Tuesday, March 2:    10 am - 6 pm
                 Wednesday, March 3:  10 am - 6 pm
                 Thursday, March 4:   10 am - 4 pm

* Station Cost: One station is US $1,995. Payments may be made via credit
card (preferable), check (payable to "Xplain Corporation") or via wire
transfer (contact us for details). The option to purchase multiple stations
is available -- contact us for more information.

* Station Package: Each station will include 1 meter of counter space (the
standard show property), one stool, station header with company or product
name, standard electricity, carpet, overall show security, a company
listing in the show guide, and up to 4 exhibitor badges. A single station
is intended for 1 or 2 people to use and will have space and electricity
for one computer system. You will be responsible for your own equipment,
it's operability, and it's security.

* IP Address: An Internet connection for your station will be available and
pricing is not included in the station cost -- the cost is US $195 for each
IP Address.

* Contact Info: For better communication, please use the following
addresses to get in touch with us. By doing so, you'll help us to serve
your LinuxWorld Greenhouse needs more quickly.

          linux_greenhouse@xplain.com
          Phone: 805-494-9797, option 5
          Fax: 805-494-9798

* Web Site: Companies participating in the LinuxWorld Greenhouse will be
listed as an exhibitor on the LinuxWorld web site at
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com -- and the booth number will be the general
booth number for the LinuxWorld Greenhouse.

* Priority numbers:  By participating in the LinuxWorld Greenhouse, you
will be able to receive a LinuxWorld priority number.  These numbers are
used in booth selection so that longer running vendors get first choice at
booth locations.

* Sponsorships: There will be opportunities available for sponsor banners
hanging over LinuxWorld Greenhouse.  These are available to any exhibitor
-- you don't need to partake in the pavilion to be a sponsor of it.
Contact us for more information.

At this time, you should send a reply which indicates your interest in
participating in the LinuxWorld Greenhouse. This is not a formal
commitment, but please only respond if you are seriously interested. Once
you've reserved a station, we'll generate and fax you an invoice and
participant agreement for you to sign and return. No space is guaranteed
until we receive your payment, with the signed agreement and have approved
your participation.

There may not be enough stations for all who have shown interest. All
stations are on a first-come, first-served basis and their allocation and
placement, and participation are at the sole and absolute discretion of
show management.
** NEWS FLASH **

As a participant of the LinuxWorld Greenhouse Pavilion you qualify for
consideration for the prestigious IDG/LinuxWorld Awards. Winners will be
selected by a panel of industry leaders. Award announcements will be made
at a [TBA] function. Additional information will be available in the near
future.

Not responsible for typographical or other errors. Offer subject to change.
All trademarks and copyrights appearing in this printing or software remain
the property of their respective holders.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
see shy jo