Intent to Party like its 1999

Chris Waters xtifr@dsp.net
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 15:47:58 -0800

David Bristel writes:

> Well, if you wanted to get into downtown San Jose from Caltrain, you
> can take Caltrain into Santa Clara.
[and take a bus a long way to light rail]

Huh?  Caltrain goes to San Jose.  It stops right by the Arena, which is
only a few blocks from downtown and light rail (and the convention
center, and etc.).  And the SJ train station is a major hub for bus
lines.

SJ to or from SF is pretty easy.

Kevin Dalley writes:
> People tend to forget how spread out the Bay Area really is.

Yes, and the only centrally located area is underwater.  :-)

One advantage of doing this in the south bay is that, for most people in
or out of the south bay, you're going opposite to the normal flow of
commuters.  Which means less traffic, less crowding on public transit,
etc.  Plus, if we meet reasonably near the convention center, it'll
allow people to scout out routes to the convention center, and may allow
people staying nearby for Linuxworld thingie to attend, if they've
arrived early.

OTOH, if we weight the bay area by number of packages, then obviously we
should meet at Joey Hess's house.  If debian packages had mass, Joey's
computer would be inside a Schwarzchild radius.  :-)