linuxword update

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:57:10 -0800

David Bristel wrote:
> Ok, with THAT out of the way, I'm wondering about some more rational/sober ideas
> here.

Hey woah, there were some good ideas in there.

- juggling: sure, why not.
- "open booth": I think I see a layout that might work.
- uniforms: I have $9 debian T-shirts. If everyone byes one and wears it..
- coffee and donuts: RMS is just 2 booths down. We might well attract him
  and or other gurus if we make our booth a nice place to be.

> I've not been to a Linux specific show, but except for RedHat and
> Caldera, there hasn't been much of an attempt to EXPLAIN to corporate customers
> "Why choose Linux", or "Why choose Debian" for their company.  So, if we can
> take this idea, and present it, it would give us positive publicity and notice.

The first should be unnecessary - this is a linux show. We definitely need to
work on the second.

--
see shy jo