linuxworld update

David Bristel targon@targonia.com
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:10:42 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure since I've never set up Debian on a Sparc yet....perhaps a "test
run" on Sunday(or Monday) to set up from scratch), and test it all out.  Then
set for once a day to wipe and do a clean install from scratch to show that yes,
you can set up Debian Linux on a Sparc without too much difficulty.  I'd like to
get Joey's input on what HE would like to see since he's coordinated the efforts
to date.  Both apt-get for upgrades, and dpkg for individual package
maintenance?  I know that the package management for Solaris sucks in a major
way in comparison to Debian, so we'd want to show dpkg in detail.

							Dave