linuxword update

David Bristel targon@targonia.com
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:13:35 -0800 (PST)

Well, your point of having Word Perfect or Star Office is a good one, but we
should also show the differences since we want to show some of what makes
Debian, Debian.  There's a lot of people out there that don't know the
difference between Redhat, Slackware, Debian, or S.u.S.E.  I'd like to see us
possibly set up times when we can display different aspects of Debian.  I've
also not been to one of these, though I went to Comdex and was seriously
disappointed by how few people were showing WHY people would want to go with
Linux instead of NT for running a server.  Or to seriously have a presentation
on various issues which would attract the notice of people who wanted to learn
about the OS.  Not everyone wants to sit down for a private discussion, they
want to be a part of the audience and just listen in.  Just some ideas.

							Dave