LinuxWorld Expo - news update

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 17:06:05 -0800

Hi all. Everyone in the To: field of the message has volenteered to help
with the Debian LinuxWorld Expo booth. Please check
http://kitenet.net/~joey/linuxworld.html if you haven't already and make
sure your information is accurate.

The big news is that VA has agreed to loan us some machines to use at the
booth. I don't know how many, but this will hopefully mean I won't have to
plead with people to bring as much hardware. :-)

I just received the Exhibitors Manual for the Expo. I finally have some hard
data on exhibiting there.

* First of all, I need volenteers for booth setup, which happens between Feb
  29th and March 1st. I haven't been asking for volenteers for this before;
  I am now. I'd prefer to do this on the 29th, because some more people may
  be available on the weekend. If you are available to help with this, write
  me.
* I need some folding chairs and at least 1, preferably 2 tables that can
  fit in the 10x10 foot booth. If you have access to any tell me.
* I need to know if anyone who has agreed to man the booth has Ricochet
  wireless net access or something like that. We would have to pay an
  additional $900 for net access otherwise and that's probably not going to
  happen.
* I will be able to provide exhibitor passes to the Expo to at least 6
  people. I'll try to get ahold of more so everyone who has volenteered can
  get an exhibitor pass. I'll contact people I'll be giving exhibitor passes
  privatly to get your snail mail addresses.
* It seems I can also order more normal passes to the Expo for free, and I'm
  going to find out how many and order them too. I'd have to give these to
  you in person though, or by a SASE.

--
see shy jo