developers in San Fransisco...or...leaving on a jet plane...

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 12:11:01 -0800

Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I am due to board a plane tomorrow and fly to San Fransisco for the LSB
> meetings. Although I hope to know by the time I get onto the plane, I
> currently have no clue as to where I'm staying or what the schedule is
> going to look like, but will certainly want to take some time to meet with
> any Debian developers in the area for a face-to-face.
>
> It is my impression that there are more than a few developers in the area,
> and while I don't have any problem with all of you replying, it would be
> nice if one of you will act as the "representative" and send me a phone
> number so I can get in contact with you when I arrive and, hopefully,
> know more about what is going on.

I'll do it - my number is 510-547-0542. I'm in Oakland, just across the bay
from San Fransisico. In the past couple of months I've set up a list with
30-odd debian users in the bay area on it, which includes at least 5 debian
developers. I'm CC'ing this message to that list.

My suggestion is that everyone who wants to meet you get together in San
Fransisco at the CoffeeNet internet cafe (http://coffeenet.net/). This place
uses linux on all their boxes and seems like a decent place for a small
gathering.

(I'll also be happy to talk to anyone who shows up about plans for Debian's
booth at LinuxWorld Expo.)

--
see shy jo