alien dependancies...

Alan DuBoff maestro@softorchestra.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:29:30 -0700

Joey,

I was trying to install alien on the 2.2.11 base install.

I get this error for debhelper: (dependency of alien)

Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main debhelper 2.0.24
  404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/devel/debhelper_2.0.24.deb
  404 Not Found
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe try with --fix-missing?

I had a difficult time getting GNOME/E going, but finally figured out that it
was barfing because perl 5.005.003 and/or readline was not installed. At least
that is what I suspect, it was complaining about re.pm not being there, and I
installed libterm-readline-gnu-perl and it pulled in the perl with it. Then
the rest of the modules configured properly...Anyway, this is not your
package, and wanted you to know about alien.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.