Debian and KDE

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:34:22 -0700

Jonathan Jefferies writes:

> Hello David,
>
> I don't know the ins and out of Debian politics which
> makes it all that more interesting.  But the cd set is the CheapBytes
> 4 cd set.

It was CheapBytes who put KDE in, not anyone associated with the Debian
project, I'd have to guess.

> But now that point out that Debian doesn't offically include
> KDE, I wonder what the problem with the licensing
> is.

I think e.g.

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-legal-9906/msg00071.html

is a statement of the general problem.  Unfortunately, I still haven't
subscribed to debian-legal, so I haven't followed the issue in detail.

--
                    Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org>
      They said look at the light we're giving you,  /  And the darkness