SEC & Etrade

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:11:08 -0700

Quoting Seth David Schoen:
> RMS apparently doesn't use much crypto, because very few useful
> crypto packages are available as free software in the US (he noted
> that Netscape Navigator isn't free software).
>
> lynx-ssl would do what he wants, but is not supposed to be used
> within the US.

        From http://crackmonkey.org/faq.html#ANSWER3 :

In addition to the disclaimer that your home address and e-mail will
be given to targeted advertising groups across the nation, there are
some limitations to the availability of the CrackMonkey unsubscription
software.  First, the software contains encryption, so it cannot be
downloaded by someone living outside of the continental US (our
sophisticated server will check your address for proof of this).
Second, the software contains certain algorithms that are patented
under US patent law, so it cannot be downloaded by someone living in
the United States (our sophisticated server will check your address
for proof of this).

--
((lambda (x) (list x (list (quote quote) x)))
(quote (lambda (x) (list x (list (quote quote) x)))))