meeting summary

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 01:12:05 -0700

Ok someone asked for a summary so here goes..

I'd say 10 or 15 people attended, a few were people from this list (me, Rick
Moen, Nick Moffitt), most weren't. Rick gave a talk on debian, dealing
mostly with the install and aimed at the debian newbie, although he had me
reaching for my laptop several times to file bug reports on various
infelicities he's found in the install process.

Two people installed debian for the first time at the meeting, and a lot of
the people there were interested in or already using debian (interestingly,
Richard Couture, who runs the CoffeeNet, mentioned to me he's getting tired
of running it on redhat and may switch over to debian eventually. He also
gave me some tips that will help on my work on a pentium optimized build of
debian).

Debian was the topic of conversations throughout the evening and into the
night.

We also have a standing invitation from the Cabal to hold BAD meetings in
their space. I'm considering trying to move to a regular meeting schedule,
I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on that.

--
see shy jo