SVLUG meeting and RMS

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan thaths@netscape.com
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 12:36:42 -0800

Joey Hess wrote:
> Arriving at the SVLUG meeting about half an hour late, RMS talked about his
> early experiences at the MIT Media Lab, and the free software lifestyle
> there, and progressed on through the forming of the GNU project and the FSF.
> Of course, he talked about why Linux should be called GNU/Linux, and about
> why he dislikes the term Open Source.

After I left the meeting a question popped up in my head.  When was the
BSD License created?  If it was *before* the GPL, what did RMS have
against the BSD License?  Did the BSD effort in UCB precede the creation
of GNU?

Thaths
--
"Ah, the miracle mile, where value wears a neon sombrero and there's
        not a single church or library to offend the eye."