administration of Debian for non-Debian sysadmins (documentation wanted)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat May 16 16:39:53 PDT 2020

So, lots of excellent Debian documentation out there.  :-)

What I'm specifically hoping to find (or improve? or create),
is documentation specifically oriented for non-Debian sysadmins
on the "care and feeding" of Debian systems,
essentially covering "How to be a good Debian sysadmin",
with particular emphasis on the bits that are unique to Debian.
E.g. like if one is taking a very skilled and experienced, say,
Red Hat sysadmin, who's got negligible to zero experience with
Debian, other Linux distros, Unix, BSD, etc., and exclusively or
almost exclusively has their experience with Red Hat (or really
any non-Debian Linux distro), where could one point them to
the most key/important documentation of things they ought know about.
And also, generally avoiding (or making very easy to skip) what would
typically be very redundant and common across many Linux distros (and
even Unix and BSD).

Anyway, hoping to find good/great documentation that may well
cover that somewhere.  Heck, even better if it's wiki, so I/others
can improve it.  :-)  Not aware of anything (quite?) like that on
Debian's wiki
https://wiki.debian.org/

E.g. I know sometimes vendors (maybe distros too?) have had good
courses/materials on stuff like:
Systems Administration of (our operating system) for (other operating
system) sys admins
... which mostly highly focus on the stuff unique and specific to
the particular operating system ... in this case Debian.  :-)

Anyway, feel free to let me/others know on-list (and that may also
help others think of ideas/resources/locations), or if you prefer,
email me off-list, and I'll gather and summarize (in which case I'll
presume I can include portions of what you send, including your name and
email, unless you tell me otherwise.)

Who knows, maybe there's already such a good/excellent (or start of?)
such resource on
https://wiki.debian.org/
and I've not (quite?) found it yet ... or may end up creating it.

Thanks.