Another good Debian info. source (Re: Fwd: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 11 17:36:20 PDT 2014

Yes,

also seen here*:
https://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2014/10/#MATE1.8
And that list (Debian Project News (not currently "weekly"), is a good one
to be subscribed to and read/skim - typically just a couple emails per month
or less (was weekly once-upon-a-time).  Information, details, and
frequency beyond just what's covered by:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/
but without being as voluminous and frequent as many other Debian lists.

Of course don't forget to also be on the announce list, and if you're
maintaining Debian security, the relevant security list(s).

*perhaps many of us also, or first read it from that list :-)